A cute quirky mini cocktail hat for sophisticated evenings
I wanted something classic to match my outfit for a friend's party. Et voila, a mini cocktail hat!
- JoAnna D. favorited Mini Cocktail Hat 05 Nov 15:40
- Markee R. added Mini Cocktail Hat to Dita Von Teese 08 Apr 12:04
- Laouen favorited Mini Cocktail Hat 13 Dec 10:53
- sondra a. favorited Mini Cocktail Hat 11 May 23:38
- Sedia H. favorited Mini Cocktail Hat 11 Feb 23:43
- Kris H. added Mini Cocktail Hat to Halloween 2013 26 Oct 16:50
- JustForTheDead favorited Mini Cocktail Hat 25 Jul 23:41
- Irene Wildfox added Mini Cocktail Hat to Head-dress 24 May 19:35
- Mad H. added Mini Cocktail Hat to Hats 03 Mar 13:17
- elarablair favorited Mini Cocktail Hat 23 Feb 19:15
Take the fabric that you will be using, I used some scraps of black satin. Cut a very long length of yarn, I used red glittery yarn that I got on sale. Sew the yarn to the fabric in a squiggly way, if you want a particular design go ahead!
Glue the fabric to the cardboard. Then vut some more yarn and plait or macrame it to make an edging. Glue this to the edging of the hat.
Gather a scrap of netting and glue to the back of the teardrop shape. Tie your ribbon into a bow to glue onto the point where the netting meets the fabric.
You dont have to use ribbon, you can add gems, feathers, etc.
Turn your teardrop over and glue a hair slide to the bottom.
Voila, min cocktail hat!