Tired of throwing out empty milk cartons? Try this innovative project and let the cartons illuminate your mantle, doorstep, or table.
*This project requires adult supervision.
- Cat Morley added Milk Carton Tea Light House to Christmas 13 Jan 11:18
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Milk Carton Tea Light House 19 Nov 18:03
- shelly.anderson.547 added Milk Carton Tea Light House to Fairy Home 03 Oct 14:22
- shelly.anderson.547 favorited Milk Carton Tea Light House 03 Oct 14:21
- Eleanor favorited Milk Carton Tea Light House 02 Oct 11:11
- GMC Group published her project Milk Carton Tea Light House 29 Sep 06:00
Carefully open the top of the carton along its seam line, rinse it well, and let dry.
Spray-paint the carton according to the instructions on the paint can. A few thin layers work better than one thick one.
Let the paint dry completely (overnight is recommended).
Draw windows on the house at different heights. Place them wherever desired on the front, back, or sides. Draw different kinds to create interest. Use a ruler to keep the sides straight.
With the help of an adult, cut the windows with a craft knife.
Cut the colored tracing paper slightly larger than each window opening.
Stick double-sided tape around the edges of the tissue paper shapes. Working from the inside of each carton, move the paper around to find the inside of each window opening and press the paper against the carton. Using a knitting needle or ruler may make this easier.
Close the opening with glue or double-sided tape. If you use glue, use paper clips to secure the opening while the glue dries.
Cut an opening at the back of the house to insert a tea light. Place the battery-operated tea light inside and wait until it is night to illuminate your milk carton tea light house!
The materials and instructions are for one house. Use various sizes of milk and dairy cartons to make a city of different-size structures. Add other materials as needed to make a city.