This geometric makeover turned out great!
I love finding most of my furniture in second hand stores and yard sales. Once in a blue moon I will scope out Craigslist to see what I can find for a good deal or even better… SOMETHING AWESOME FOR FREE!!!!!!!
That always makes my day when I can find something that is free, can fit in my car, and that is in decent shape. Well this Drexel side table was on Craigslist one day…FOR FREE! Can you believe it? I had to snag that table up before anyone else did and was able to pick it up the same day on my way home from work.
Then it sat in my office being unused for about a year. I could not for the life of me figure out what I wanted to do with this piece. I know many would have told me to sand it down, stain, and refinish since it is a mid century modern piece. This style usually goes for a larger price tag with an original looking wood finish. But to me, this is boring.
I had a feeling that this table had another destiny. I have these moments in my day to day life when creative ideas strike. Only then will I know exactly what I want to do with my project!
The reason this table is finally being made over is because I was inspired by some amazing product. Modern Masters Metallic paint was sent my direction for me to try out. I was instantly reminded of my drexel table upon receiving this amazing paint. I received gold and pewter metallic colors.
- Alissa B. favorited Mid Century Modern Side Table Makeover 28 Apr 20:24
- joathina favorited Mid Century Modern Side Table Makeover 25 Apr 11:27
- Len favorited Mid Century Modern Side Table Makeover 19 Apr 22:45
- Daniela S. added Mid Century Modern Side Table Makeover to The Burrow DIY Ideas 23 Mar 14:19
- ArtsandClassy published her project Mid Century Modern Side Table Makeover 14 Feb 08:15