The WAH Nails Book of Downtown Girls
Our little Mexican firecracker, Kim, created these nails and they’re pretty much the only requested design on the ‘Day of the Dead’ festival days. Although intricate, the loops and lacy effects are manageable when you get a rhythm going. Fimo cane flowers can be bought online for a 3D effect but if they’re not available you can draw the flowers on instead using a pink nail art pen.
© 2019 Sharmadean Reid / Hardie Grant Books · Reproduced with permission. · The WAH Nails Book of Downtown Girls by Sharmadean Reid (Hardie Grant, £11.99) Photography: Robinson Barbosa & Jeff Hahn
- mmotse03 favorited Mexican Skulls 29 May 05:17
- Emma H. favorited Mexican Skulls 27 May 11:40
- aneniine favorited Mexican Skulls 27 Mar 13:52
- Tiana D. favorited Mexican Skulls 12 Mar 01:11
- deasphodel added Mexican Skulls to so-so 17 Feb 23:58
- heather r. added Mexican Skulls to To-make list 07 Jan 20:42
- heather r. added Mexican Skulls to Nails 18 Dec 20:47
- Sarah Kim added Mexican Skulls to Beauty 18 Dec 12:13
- Sarah Kim favorited Mexican Skulls 18 Dec 12:13
- Judith C. favorited Mexican Skulls 09 Dec 17:32
Apply your white polish as your base colour.
Using a black striper, make the long line to start the teeth. Using the black nail pen create the scallop design along the
black line to create the teeth.
With your black striper draw a small upside down heart for
the nose. Start by dotting two black dots and dragging the
polish to meet in the middle.
Using pre-sliced flower fimos, stick them on with a topcoat to make the eyes, then add two crystals to the centre of the flowers.
Get creative! Using pens, gold beads and crystals to add different motifs of flowers, hearts and dots to decorate your