This chocolate cake for two has the exotic flavors and spices of Mexico. A fast and easy recipe to try tonight!
- Shantelle t. added Mexican Chocolate Cake to food!! 08 Dec 16:39
- Susi S. added Mexican Chocolate Cake to Chiliqueens 30 Sep 19:15
- Susi S. favorited Mexican Chocolate Cake 30 Sep 19:15
- katie q. favorited Mexican Chocolate Cake 12 Sep 11:30
- Kaiulani W. favorited Mexican Chocolate Cake 10 Jul 01:40
- Grimgirl101 favorited Mexican Chocolate Cake 20 Jun 22:37
- Alyshia S. favorited Mexican Chocolate Cake 27 May 13:04
- Harlee A. favorited Mexican Chocolate Cake 28 Apr 17:05
- Birgit added Mexican Chocolate Cake to Cake 06 Apr 15:24
- Strawberry Destruction favorited Mexican Chocolate Cake 12 Mar 02:22
You Will Need
1. Preheat oven to 175c or 350f, grease the pan and dust with flour. Roughly chop the chocolate. Place chocolate in a double boiler to melt. As the chocolate begins to melt add 1 tbsp of cold milk, mixing consistently until chocolate has completely melted and a smooth consistency has been achived. Remove from heat, add chile powder mix and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and set aside. Pour the remaining cold milk into the melted chocolate, mix until well combined. Next add the sugar and melted butter or oil, mixing until well incorporated. Use a whisk to beat in the egg, until lightly frothy.
3. Pour the dry ingredients, flour mixture, into the wet chocolate ingredients. Fold in until combined, shouldn't take too long. Pour the cake batter into the greased baking dish. Bake in center of oven for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Allow to cool before placing on cake dish. Before dusting with powdered sugar make sure the cake is completely cooled. Dust with powdered sugar as desired and decorate with your favorite berries.