Mechanobot is a hard worker
Mechanobot is a hard worker. His huge rectangular head contains enough wiring for him to remember how everything works and how it can be fixed when it's broken. And he's willing to help, whatever the problem. His chocolate-mint color combination is set off by little metal details, although most hail from the haberdashery counter rather than the hardware store.
- Double knitting (DK) or light worsted yarn (#3)
- single crochet
ch = chain
st = stitch
sl st = slip stitch
sc = single crochet
hgc = half-double crochet
sc dec= single crochet decrease (decrease over 2 stitches)
blo = back loops only
* = repeat instructions between asterisks
From the book Crobots by Nelly Pailloux. Read our review.
© 2019 Nelly Pailloux / Andrews McMeel Publishing · Reproduced with permission.
- Kiven P. favorited Mechanobot 14 Jan 08:18
- Steve J. favorited Mechanobot 03 Jan 08:24
- Jack M. favorited Mechanobot 28 Sep 06:47
- Conlan R. favorited Mechanobot 24 Sep 09:01
- Patricia C. favorited Mechanobot 03 Mar 03:13
- Miley S. favorited Mechanobot 10 Aug 10:37
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Mechanobot 14 Jan 23:02
- Isabella Toscano favorited Mechanobot 26 Aug 11:12
- Bobby L. favorited Mechanobot 12 Aug 10:59
- Joey P. favorited Mechanobot 06 Aug 10:48
You Will Need
To make the face and front of the head, using mint-green and chocolate brown yarn
Start with green
Row 1: ch 16, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across (15) ch 1 and turn
Row 2 to 5: sc in each sc across (15) ch 1 and turn
Row 6: sc in next 14 sc, 3 sc in last sc (17)
Work a round of single crochet on the rectangle, going down left side
sc in next 3 sc in next sc (2nd corner)
sc in next 12 sc in next sc (3rd corner)
sc in next 3 sc in next sc (4th corner)(43)
sl st in next sc and tie off, leave long tail to sew to back of the head.
To make the body, using chocolate-brown yarn
Round 1: Start 6 sc in a magic ring (6)
Round 2: 2 sc in each sc around (12)
Round 3: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc*
repeat 6 times (18)
Round 4: in back loops only *sc in each sc around* (18)
Round 5 to 9: sc in each sc around (18)
sl st in next sc and tie off, leave long tail to attach to head.
To Assemble Mechanobot
- Using two strands of black floss, sew the sequins in position on the front of the face. Next embroider the mouth and eyebrows, checking the photograph for placement. The mouth is simply one long, single straight stitch and the eyebrows are one small straight stitch each.
- Attach the face to the back of the head using the tail of yarn left over from crocheting. Stuff firmly before closing up.
- Thread a needle with one strand of brown floss and sew the large brooch backs to the sides of the head to make Mechanobot's ears. Stitch the small brooch back on top of the head to make a receiver.
- Stuff the body firmly and close up. Using a beading needle with one strand of brown floss, sew the beads in a row along Mechanobot's body. Add the screw to the center of the body with a few stitches. Use a single strand of brown floss to sew the pen springs onto the body, bending them in from the sides so that it looks as though Mechanobot has a firm grip on the screw. Sew the springs down with a few stitches at each end.
-Mechanobot's legs are made from little stacks of press fasteners. Stack three fasteners on top of one another and use two strands of brown floss to sew through them all, then stitch to the body around the edges. Repeat for the second leg.
-Finally, attach Mechanobot's head to his body using leftover tail of yarn.