And Sew to Bed
This roomy waterproof wash bag has ample space for all your lotions and potions. Combining eye-catching prints and finished off with a spotted binding, this would make a fantastic gift.
For the seams, take 3⁄8-in. (1-cm) seam allowances unless otherwise stated.
See page 000 for tips on sewing waterproof fabrics.
The zipper must be nylon and at least 23⁄8 in. (6 cm) longer than the
- CB668_AP04_Mayfair_Wash_Bag_End_gusset_RVSD.jpg 825 KB [ Download ]
- CB668_AP04_Mayfair_Wash_Bag_main_piece_RVSD.jpg 1.34 MB [ Download ]
- Luna D. favorited Mayfair Wash Bag 24 Apr 14:37
- sam m. favorited Mayfair Wash Bag 14 Dec 16:40
- Key West Witch added Mayfair Wash Bag to Purses, Totes, Backpacks... 20 Mar 20:18
- Whitney I. favorited Mayfair Wash Bag 12 Aug 07:46
- Caron K. favorited Mayfair Wash Bag 23 Dec 08:08
- Caron K. added Mayfair Wash Bag to Zipper Pouches 23 Dec 08:08
- Chachee.rayna added Mayfair Wash Bag to Sew, Sew! 11 May 20:16
- fei f. favorited Mayfair Wash Bag 24 Apr 14:50
- Sarah B. favorited Mayfair Wash Bag 18 Apr 10:49
- CraftyCat favorited Mayfair Wash Bag 18 Dec 08:44
Using Pattern AP04, trace the pieces from the pullout sheets onto your pattern paper. Cut two zipper gussets and one main body in the main waterproof coated cotton print, cut two end gussets in contrast waterproof coated cotton print, and cut all pieces in waterproof lining and interlining. Baste (tack) all the gusset interlining pieces to the WS of all gusset lining pieces, so that they become one layer. Baste all three main body pieces of outer, lining, and interlining together, sandwiching the interlining in the middle with the waterproof fabrics RS outwards, stitching 1⁄4 in. (7mm) all around the edges.
Open the zipper and place the RS of one zipper tape on the RS of the zipper gusset, with the tape aligned with the straight edge. Pin and baste. Stitch close to the teeth, using a zipper foot on the machine.
Close the zipper and fold it under along the stitching line, so that both zipper and zipper gusset are RS up. Lay the second zipper gusset on the RS of the second side of the zipper tape, in line with the first side. Pin and baste. Stitch close to the teeth, using the zipper foot.
Lay the zipper/gusset piece open, RS up, with the zipper closed. Starting from the right-hand side, slide the zipper gusset lining, RS up, underneath the zipper/gusset piece to match up the straight edge of the zipper gusset lining to the zipper tape/seam edge under the left side of the zipper. Pin and baste the layers in place. Edge stitch through all layers to the left side of the zipper to catch the zipper gusset lining in place. Fold the zipper gusset lining piece back on itself along the seam just made, away from the zipper.
Repeat Step 4 to add the zipper gusset lining piece on the other side.