Mascarpone Apricot Blueberry Tart Tatin (Gluten Free)
The tarte tatin, a dessert that originated in France, is an upside-down cake in which the fruit is caramelized in butter and sugar before the tart is baked. In this recipe, the fruits I used are apricots and blueberries with cinnamon. The caramelized apricots, blueberries and cinnamon enhance the soft and moist cake made with mascarpone cheese. This gluten-free dessert is a winner!
- Kristina S. replied to a comment on his project Mascarpone Apricot Blueberry Tart Tatin 17 Oct 17:36
- John W. commented on Mascarpone Apricot Blueberry Tart Tatin 17 Oct 17:12
- Crafterella featured Mascarpone Apricot Blueberry Tart Tatin 12 Oct 23:00
- Pam favorited Mascarpone Apricot Blueberry Tart Tatin 09 Oct 17:00
- Kristina S. commented on his project Mascarpone Apricot Blueberry Tart Tatin 01 Oct 15:01
- Kristina S. published his project Mascarpone Apricot Blueberry Tart Tatin 01 Oct 09:00
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350 F
In a 10-inch cast iron or oven-safe skillet heat butter over medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar and cinnamon. Mix together. Add apricots and caramelize them on both sides. About 1 minute per side. Remove half the apricots and scatter the blueberries over the apricots in the skillet. Top with remaining apricots, set aside
In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt
Add mascarpone cheese, 3/4 cup coconut sugar, butter, eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest into a medium-size bowl. Using an electric mixer, mix until creamy. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine
Evenly spread the batter over the apricots and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest in the pan for 15 minutes. Using a sharp knife loosen the edges and then place a large serving plate over the skillet. Invert the skillet for the cake to fall out onto the plate. Enjoy!