Leftovers become an amazing breakfast or brunch.
I had leftover rice from cooking Indian food the night before, and tofu in the freezer, so I turned them into this brunch. You don't need to be really precise with the ingredients here, just use what you have. I've even thrown leftover Indian-spiced vegetables like okra and cabbage in this and it's been delicious.
- Miss_Fit favorited Masala Fried Rice Tofu Scramble 23 Feb 03:24
- Pimke added Masala Fried Rice Tofu Scramble to Essen 27 Jan 09:05
- Falene M. favorited Masala Fried Rice Tofu Scramble 17 Jan 14:06
- KelliDroze added Masala Fried Rice Tofu Scramble to Food 03 Jan 07:32
- Jenn M. favorited Masala Fried Rice Tofu Scramble 31 Dec 02:09
- claire @ chez cayenne published her project Masala Fried Rice Tofu Scramble 18 Nov 16:58
You Will Need
Heat canola oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add tofu and use the edge of a spatula to crumble into pea-sized pieces. Sprinkle nutritional yeast, garam masala, cumin, chili powder and onion powder over the tofu. Sprinkle the water over the tofu, if using. Flip over the tofu with the spatula repeatedly until the spices are mixed in. Add the rice and continue flipping the scramble until the rice is mixed into the tofu and heated through. Stir in the soy sauce, green onion and cashews. Sprinkle the sesame oil over the top.
Note: If your tofu has been frozen, you'll need to add some water to get the spices to mix in. If your tofu is fresh, skip it.
Serves 2 to 3.