Chocolate Mousse-- like heaven and chocolate had a child ;)
Chocolate Mousse is a decadent, silky smooth dessert for a fancy occasion, or just for an extra special dessert for date night after the kiddos are in bed. You can whip it up in less than half an hour, and then chill it in the fridge until you're ready to serve it.
- Lacie V. favorited Marvelous Chocolate Mousse 07 Apr 00:24
- charvey64 favorited Marvelous Chocolate Mousse 09 May 12:13
- charvey64 added Marvelous Chocolate Mousse to recipes 09 May 12:13
- kittenhood favorited Marvelous Chocolate Mousse 07 May 08:18
- Emilie B. published her project Marvelous Chocolate Mousse 02 May 09:00
Separate the 4 eggs into whites and yolks. Be sure not to get any yolk in the whites mixture, or your whites will not whip properly.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, until it is just melted and smooth. Gradually stir in your egg yolks.
Meanwhile, whip your egg whites, the pinch of cream of tartar, and the tablespoon of white sugar on high until stiff peaks form. Fold your egg whites into the chocolate/yolk mixture, until combined.
Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla on high until it becomes whipped cream (similar to the consistency of cool whip). Fold your whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and chill until ready to serve.