As recommended by Mario & Luigi ;-)
I made these cupcakes (with my little brother as cooking sidekick!) based on the mushrooms from the Mario games and a recipe from the book "500 cupcakes & muffins".
They're really simple to make & taste great!
This recipe makes approx 18 cakes.
- Julie Phillips favorited Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! 03 May 07:49
- Hello Sweet Taco added Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! to Mario party 05 Sep 21:58
- Xion added Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! to nintendo 05 Sep 19:55
- DetroitMommy favorited Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! 03 May 15:44
- rouge s. favorited Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! 27 Oct 00:44
- kiki w. added Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! to cupcakes 11 Aug 17:20
- cetty b favorited Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! 29 Jul 12:22
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! 16 Mar 15:40
- Annie q. favorited Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! 08 Nov 00:17
- Sam Goth Winchester favorited Mario Mushroom Cupcakes! 27 Aug 23:49
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/ 350'F / 175'C and put 18 cake cases into the muffin tins.
Mix all the ingredients together and beat with an electric wisk for about 3 minutes (or until the mixture is pale and smooth).
Put approx 1 1/2 tsp of mixture into each case and put in the oven for 25 minutes. Then, take them out and let them cool for a bit before putting them onto a cooling rack.
For the icing:
Beat together the butter, vanilla essence, icing sugar & lemon juice - adding as much red food colouring as required.
Spoon the icing onto the cakes and add three chocolate buttons. Next cut a few of the buttons in half and arrange them at the sides to give the full toadstall effect.
Once the icing has set, remove the cases and add two little chocolate chips on each cake for the eyes (use a little bit of icing to stick them on with).