Make Yourself at Home
- Rebecca favorited Marbled Leather Mouse Pad 15 May 09:10
- LaAlex favorited Marbled Leather Mouse Pad 22 Mar 16:32
- Sam C. favorited Marbled Leather Mouse Pad 02 Jan 03:25
- Olivia l. favorited Marbled Leather Mouse Pad 29 Aug 03:42
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Marbled Leather Mouse Pad 25 Feb 10:06
- GMC Group published her project Marbled Leather Mouse Pad 20 Nov 09:00
You Will Need
Lay the leather piece upside down on a self-healing mat. Place the bowl on top of the leather and, using a marker, mark the shape of the circle on the leather. If you are able to cut the leather with scissors, cut out the circle shape. If it is too tough to cut with scissors, hold the bowl on the leather as an edge guide and use an X-Acto knife to cut out the shape.
Fill your plastic tub with 2 to 3 inches of water.
Spray your two spray-paint colors directly into the water to create a marbled effect. The movement of the water creates swirls of spray-paint color. Use a toothpick to swirl the colors around more if you want more movement in your marbled design to transfer to the leather.
Now gently place the leather top side down into the tub and pull back up as soon as possible. The marbled spray paint will transfer as soon as it touches the leather!
Repeat this as many times as needed to cover the entire surface of the leather in marbled paint. The spray paint may be a bit lumpy in some spots at first, but once you let it dry, you can press those areas down with a heavy book and they will lie at.