Full of flavour cupcakes for desert.... or breakfast!
Loved the pancake version so thought I'd turn it into cupcakes :)
These are lovely and fluffy but also full of flavour.
The recipe will let you make 24 large cupcakes. Usually I will make 12 just maple syrup and 12 with bacon to cover all friends!
Feel free to scale down the recipe - I tend to make a lot in one go!
- Emma H. favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 10 May 20:33
- jade.owen.338 entered her project Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes to Mixbook 06 Jul 19:23
- bone.muck favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 12 Sep 16:27
- Ashley W. favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 21 May 17:46
- abigail.ponchillia favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 17 Jan 21:50
- Emo Chick favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 10 Jan 19:52
- Shantelle t. added Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes to gifts 08 Dec 06:56
- PurpleFairy favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 17 Nov 19:15
- Cecilia E. favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 08 Oct 14:07
- Suzi T. favorited Maple Syrup (And Bacon) Cupcakes 11 Sep 23:19
Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and prepare a tray with cupcake cases
Firstly cream the butter and caster sugar until smooth.
Then whisk in the eggs (don't panic if it looks like it curdles!)
Then add the self-raising flour, brown sugar and baking soda followed by 10 table spoons of pure maple syrup.
If you would like just maple syrup cupcakes only - Stop here, and skip to Step 5. I normally do this for half the mixture.
Heat a frying pan and cook the fatty bits you chopped off. Once most of the juice has come out, pour this into a separate container to cool.
Into the same frying pan add ~7 table spoons of maple syrup and cook the chopped bacon bits in it. Once the bacon bits have become cooked, pour the excess maple syrup into the container with the juice to also cool, then further fry the bacon bits until slightly crispy.
Once done, spread the bacon bits over a dish to cool.
Spoon a heaped tablesppon of cake mixture into each large cupcake case.
Then place the tray into the preheated oven.
The cakes normally take ~18mins to bake however this may change with different ovens. Therefore wait until golden brown ontop and use a knife/skewer to check if done completely (will come out the middle of a cupcake clean if baked through).
Once the cupcakes have cooled, use a pipeing bag for swirls or the back of a spoon for a smother effect with the icing.
For the Maple Syrup ONLY cupcakes: Decorate with a small amount of red sprinkles or if you can, a sycamore leaf made from sugar paste/ gum paste
For the Maple Syrup and Bacon cupcakes:
Decorate with the left over bacon bits