The festive season is coming up and this colourful, creamy and aromatic Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Beet Tart is destined to posh up your dinner table.
- SilverSnake S. favorited Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts And Beet Tart 07 Jun 21:36
- Cheryl H. commented on Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts And Beet Tart 13 Apr 00:57
- Cheryl H. favorited Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts And Beet Tart 13 Apr 00:57
- Alissa B. favorited Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts And Beet Tart 22 Feb 01:49
- Sonja T. published their project Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts And Beet Tart 21 Feb 09:00
You Will Need
If you own a food processor start by mixing first the flour and butter until combined, then add the rest of the ingredients. If you don’t own one, like me, just add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and knead until well combined. Put it in a cling film and set it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Prepare the filling in the meantime. Drain the cashews and add them with the coconut milk to a blender. Pulse until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend well. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. In a medium sized bowl mix the brussel sprouts with the maple syrup, olive oil and sea salt. Spread evenly on a baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes. They will cook completely on the tart later on.
Roll out the dough to a circle between parchment paper and gently line your oiled tart pan. Trim off any excess dough. Stab the base repeatedly with a fork. Store in the fridge.
Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and turn down the heat to 180°C. Blind bake your crust for 15 minutes to prevent it from getting soggy. Let it slightly cool off afterwards.
Evenly distribute the filling and top with the brussels sprouts. Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, then increase the heat to 200°C for the last 10 minutes.
Let the tart cool off for about 10 minutes before serving.