Fried vegan bacon, chocolate, and beer!
- Chudames favorited Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes 12 Jun 22:54
- Suzi T. favorited Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes 05 Mar 23:43
- heather r. added Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes to Food Items to make 03 Mar 20:26
- Daryn S. favorited Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes 02 Mar 20:27
- Franisima c. favorited Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes 24 Feb 05:02
- Sara S. favorited Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes 19 Feb 20:39
- kiki94 favorited Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes 11 Feb 17:02
- kellypeloza published her project Maple Bacon Beer Cupcakes 23 Jan 13:30
You Will Need
Heat the margarine over medium-high heat. Sauté the bacon until crispy, about three minutes on each side. Allow the butter to get foamy and start to brown. Transfer bacon to a plate to cool, letting excess margarine drip off. Set aside. Reserve 3 tablespoons of the bacon-infused browned butter for the batter, then pour the rest into an airtight container and refrigerate to solidify.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Fill a cupcake pan with liners.
Pour the beer and vinegar in a stand mixer or regular mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar, 3 tablespoons reserved browned butter, maple syrup, canola oil, and vanilla extract.
Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix until just combined. The batter should be thick, but pourable.
Using a cupcake scoop or measuring cup, fill each liner ⅔ full. Bake for 18 minutes, or until the tops are firm and a toothpick comes out clean. Let sit in the pan on the stove for 3-4 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Cream together the bacon-infused browned butter, margarine, and shortening in a stand mixer or with handheld beaters. Add the maple syrup and milk. Gradually mix in the powdered sugar and beat the frosting until light and fluffy, 6-8 minutes.
Pipe or spread the frosting on the cupcakes. Slice cooked and cooled bacon into 1-inch pieces for garnish.