A great way to use maps of special places you've lived or traveled!
I made this from a Paris map as my niece and her husband had traveled there and fell in love with the city. It was a great birthday present!
I used 8 inch high letters so I could use many of the map details.
This project cost about $15, I did have to buy the map as I couldn't find a cheaper one, it was $5. The letters were about $2.50 each, the other things I had on hand.
- KelliDroze added Map Covered Love Letters to Shoes 03 Nov 00:38
- MamaMindy added Map Covered Love Letters to Decoupage Tutorials 11 Nov 22:53
- Annie J. favorited Map Covered Love Letters 07 Dec 20:11
- Annie J. added Map Covered Love Letters to Paper craft 07 Dec 20:11
- lack95 added Map Covered Love Letters to Things I would like to make 04 Sep 18:10
- juliez favorited Map Covered Love Letters 26 Aug 00:17
- Callie P. favorited Map Covered Love Letters 13 Aug 15:20
- Witchy favorited Map Covered Love Letters 03 Aug 08:26
- Laura T. favorited Map Covered Love Letters 21 Jul 04:38
- laurenbatten favorited Map Covered Love Letters 17 Jul 13:17
Cut out the traced letter.
Lay the cut out map on the letter. Make sure it fits well, trim if needed.
Mod Podge the map to the letter. Make sure there are no bubbles under the map.
Cover the sides of the letter with strips cut from the map, overlapping the map onto the back. Mod Podge the strips on...tucking any extra onto the back of the letter.
Coat the finished project with Mod Podge several times, allowing it to dry between coats.
To make the back look more professional, I traced the letters onto brown craft paper, cut them out and Mod Podged the Kraft paper onto the back. This is certainly an optional step, but makes the project look more professional.