About this project
You Will Need
- Reasonably Priced
My mannequin. I really wish I had a "before" picture. She was dirty and cracked and ugly as all hell.
Anyway this is after a good cleaning in the bathtub, numerous coats of white paint and face detail. Lots of red paint and some stencilled letters. There are a few progress shots in there too. The hair i picked up from a toy store (reminds me of a cute Japanese cartoon, i love it!)
To get the arrow through i had to drill two enormous holes through her making sure my angles were just right. I then shoved it on through and attached the pointed tip. I thought my blood looked way too fake so I got out the hot glue gun and made her limbs look a little more "ripped" I guess you could say. And made all the rest of the blood on her stick up more. Also there is some glue hanging from the arrow tip (which you can't see unfortunately). I just painted all over this with red paint and got a stencil to paint on the "OUCH!" then gave her a top coat of gloss.
Notice the heart is on the wrong side. I am infact a doofus. It doesn't matter what colour my hair is I will always remain the blondest of blondes when it comes to common sense. I actually looked at it and went "here is my left hand...heart is on the left...paint it on the left" (duh jade that isn't HER left!) I realised only when she was totally complete.
She took a lot of time but was worth it.
She is now at the entrance to my house wearing a pirate hat. I think she freaked out my landlord. YAY!