Cheap and easy silk screen
This is a cheap and easy way to make a silk screen. It actually cost me $0 because I already had all the materials.
Of course this is just the screen, actual screen print projects require just a few more supplies, but is really fun and the possibilities are endless! Enjoy!
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Make Your Own Silk Screen 25 Jul 03:04
- thatdorkychick favorited Make Your Own Silk Screen 28 Jun 00:43
- Katrina P. favorited Make Your Own Silk Screen 28 Apr 13:17
- Krista E. favorited Make Your Own Silk Screen 23 Feb 09:11
- Stephanie N. favorited Make Your Own Silk Screen 01 Feb 07:48
- Kaleidosplode added Make Your Own Silk Screen to Threads 17 Jul 16:13
- Lee Rose added Make Your Own Silk Screen to DIY!!! 27 Feb 00:46
- cynthia.wimberly.12 favorited Make Your Own Silk Screen 12 Dec 17:40
- RoseRed favorited Make Your Own Silk Screen 10 Oct 05:08
- Maggie added Make Your Own Silk Screen to ToDo W/ Tees 27 Aug 03:59
Next you will need to find some good quality mesh. It's best to purchase this from an art supply store because the better the quality the more detailed your prints will come out. There are also several different mesh counts (how many tiny holes per inch) that work well depending on what you're trying to print. The one I'm using is a 155 mesh count.
Wow that's it! You now have your very own silk screen.
If the mesh is brand new use a spray hose or big sink to blast any dirt or film that's on the screen, then set in front of a fan to dry and now you're ready to print!
Because the frame is wooden you don't want to let it soak in water for too long because it could warp the frame and that would be no fun.
Stay tuned for future silk screen and printing projects!~