No watering required!
After a trip to Palm Springs, California, we were so inspired by the desert that we wanted our own giant cactus. A giant cactus isn't going to grow in Cleveland, Ohio, though, so we decided to make our own. And the best part is we never have to remember to water it!
- Jill K. added Make A Giant Cactus to Cool Gadjets 06 Apr 21:09
- Liza W. added Make A Giant Cactus to Plushie Ideas 14 Dec 15:19
- Sarah T. favorited Make A Giant Cactus 25 Nov 17:07
- Summer O. favorited Make A Giant Cactus 17 May 22:20
- Kym D. added Make A Giant Cactus to Plushies 04 May 21:29
- Ruth C. favorited Make A Giant Cactus 26 Dec 01:49
- amyistheparty favorited Make A Giant Cactus 19 Nov 18:52
- Revella L. favorited Make A Giant Cactus 11 Oct 04:12
- Mistress Nora of Madness favorited Make A Giant Cactus 14 Sep 22:48
- TheSewingMaven commented on Make A Giant Cactus 09 Sep 19:28
Fold your fabric in half and draw your cactus shape on it with chalk. Pin all the way around the shape and cut it out to get two matching pieces.
With the pins still holding the pieces together, sew around the edges either with a machine or by hand, leaving the bottom edge open.
Flip it inside out and densely fill the whole inside with polyfill, especially around the arms.
Put the cactus in the basket. Fill the basket with balled up newspaper, and then put 1 pound of river rocks on top.