Make a lion head magnet with SCRAP in Portland, Oregon
Magnets are a SCRAP treasure. This versatile craft supply can be used for either functionality or fun. And who doesn’t need a little more cheer on their refrigerator? This craft tutorial would be a delightful gift or a baby shower favor, and it’s a great excuse to dig around in the SCRAP fabric sample bin looking for coordinating fabrics.
Please note: These magnets fall more on the fun than functionality side of the scale.
1. Flip your fabric over and trace your magnet. Cut fabric circle out.
2. Cut out lion muzzle and eyes/nose.
3. Using hot glue and yarn, carefully glue loops of yarn to front of magnet.
4. Glue round fabric down over magnet face. Next add eyes, muzzle and finally the nose.
5. Put on the refrigerator and squeal in delight every time you’re looking for milk.