Turn a pair of doors or a bare wall into a magical bookcase mural!
I painted this bookcase mural for my daughter's Harry Potter themed room.
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Magical Bookcase Mural 17 Nov 23:16
- Kinhime Dragon added Magical Bookcase Mural to The crafts I've done 03 Jun 22:29
- Kinhime Dragon commented on Magical Bookcase Mural 03 May 13:07
- Kinhime Dragon added Magical Bookcase Mural to Painting/Drawings 05 Nov 18:10
- Danielle C. favorited Magical Bookcase Mural 13 Sep 10:25
- hey.yun.9 favorited Magical Bookcase Mural 05 Sep 02:52
- karmy_2683 favorited Magical Bookcase Mural 03 Aug 06:47
- julie c. added Magical Bookcase Mural to to do list 17 Jul 17:45
- WerewolfCas favorited Magical Bookcase Mural 01 Jun 06:22
- Krista B. added Magical Bookcase Mural to Fooking LOVE! 18 Apr 16:46
Use semi-gloss paint and paint roller to paint the taped-off area. Paint a second coat if necessary. Allow to dry overnight.
Print the template on the clear acetate and project the image onto the selected area. Position the bookcase where you’d like for it to appear. Use masking tape to outline the area.
(note: if you want a more personalized bookcase, you can freehand and not use the projector)
Using a pencil or chalk, trace the bookcase (not the contents), adding a border if needed.
Paint bookcase shelves and allow to dry.
Starting with the top shelf, trace contents.
Paint contents with the acrylic craft paints and brushes using your color choices.
Repeat for all shelves, allow to dry overnight.
Using a variety of permanent markers or paint, add book names of your choice.
I used titles that are mentioned in the Harry Potter series. There is a complete list on the Harry Potter Lexicon.
Note: If using HP book titles, the Standard Book of Spells texts are the seven together on the second shelf from the top, on the right side.