Would you tap it?
If people would like me to, I can make a tutorial for card corsets. They're really fun!
I made this for a goth-themed event in downtown Minneapolis, MN. My inspiration was my Pokemon card dress. I though that magic cards would be a bit more fitting for the event since they tend to be darker, and also wanted it to be on a much smaller scale. First we picked out the cards at the local card shop- 50 commons for $1, so we had some extra. I tried to make them kind of similar on either side (note the red middle ones). Then my friend, Chris (he really did most of it), created the cup shapes for the top two rows while I tapes the other cards together. First we used small bits of masking tape on the front before using silver duct tape on the back. When they were taped that way, we did two coats of Matte Paper Mod Podge as sealant. The reason it took so long is that we waited for the second and third layers of MP to cure instead of just dry. We put it around my torso to make sure it was going well, and it turned out to be one card too small. We just cut down the middle of the back with an Xacto knife and added the three cards accordingly. After attaching the cups to the rest of it, he added the D-rings also with silver duct tape and put the charms on the chain. I tried it on again and determined that it fit well, so we went ahead and did the final layer of Mod Podge. The bottle had water in it with some Tide detergent so that it would glow under the black light. It fell off on a sidewalk and spilled a lot, though.
When I wore it to the event, I got a lot of compliments! One person noticed my One Ring necklace and called me the "nerd queen," while another lady came up to me and said that her boyfriend was obsessing over my corset and wanted a picture. Maybe I'll have to take note of Chris's technique when I make my next Pokemon dress/outfit!
- Doom Kitty added Magic The Corsetry to DIY Clothing 12 Jan 06:36
- Doom Kitty favorited Magic The Corsetry 12 Jan 06:36
- Roughwaters44 favorited Magic The Corsetry 24 Feb 04:21
- Allison H. favorited Magic The Corsetry 13 Jul 22:48
- kittyklaws favorited Magic The Corsetry 15 Jun 11:39
- Sissi favorited Magic The Corsetry 31 May 14:14
- kelly.koopman added Magic The Corsetry to clothes 15 Apr 16:49
- carlyanne favorited Magic The Corsetry 02 Mar 23:15
- Kindsister D. favorited Magic The Corsetry 11 Jan 15:33
- Krissy G. added Magic The Corsetry to Craftys 19 Dec 20:08
You Will Need
Fiendish_Thingie posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!