How to Crochet
In recent years, with the increasing interest in making amigurumi or crochet toys, the magic-circle (also known as the magic-ring) technique has become popular. This is a neat way of starting a circular piece of crochet while avoiding the unsightly hole that can be left in the centre when you join a ring the normal way. Magic circles are nearly always made with double-crochet stitches, as this creates a tight, dense crochet fabric suitable for toys and amigurumi objects.
When you first attempt a magic circle it can seem really fiddly, but it is a technique worth practising because when you pull the tail of the yarn tightly you can almost make the centre hole disappear.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Magic Circle 19 Jul 01:48
- Kinhime Dragon added Magic Circle to crochet 18 Jan 20:24
- mmotse03 favorited Magic Circle 08 Jun 20:34
- Alecia B. favorited Magic Circle 09 May 07:53
- Rosa favorited Magic Circle 04 May 07:08
- prusakcornell favorited Magic Circle 27 Apr 00:25
- GMC Group published her project Magic Circle 26 Apr 06:00