Magazine Art and Junk Journals
Turn your magazines into an endless supply of art journals!
- Key West Witch favorited Magazine Art & Junk Journals 31 May 12:56
- Becky d added Magazine Art & Junk Journals to Mixed Media -Journaling 26 Feb 03:18
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Magazine Art & Junk Journals 25 Feb 19:55
- Cathy P. favorited Magazine Art & Junk Journals 13 Jan 07:41
- Elizabeth T. favorited Magazine Art & Junk Journals 24 Oct 00:25
- Mark Montano published his project Magazine Art & Junk Journals 05 Oct 09:16
1. & 2. Mark and cut your magazine in half with a band saw
*I prefer a band saw to a jigsaw because it's easier to control the magazine
3. & 4. Drill holes at the binding 1" from each edge and then thread and tie ribbon in a bow or knot
*This keeps the pages from falling out
5. Coat each page in Citri Solv to dissolve the ink a little
6. While wet, close the journal and let sit for about 20 minutes
*When you open the journal your pages will look mottled and marbled!
7. When the pages are dry I like to stamp them with Art Foamies using Americana Acrylic Paints
*Americana Acrylics dry matte so they're perfect for glossy pages (no stick)
8. & 9. I create ombre effects by blending paint on the Stamp Buddy and then carefully pressing my Art Foamies into the mixture
10. Next I embellish the pages any way I want
11. & 12. Go crazy with different Art Foamies designs and paint away!
Watch how to make them here!