Basic Macaron Recipe
Macaron recipe with italian merengue method!
- Alyssa D. favorited Macaron Part Ii : The Recipe 28 Sep 21:58
- Maggs added Macaron Part Ii : The Recipe to Party food for the awesome people 08 Aug 20:34
- Savannah A. favorited Macaron Part Ii : The Recipe 16 Jul 11:23
- Angie M. added Macaron Part Ii : The Recipe to FOOD!!!! 25 Jun 00:06
- Suzi T. favorited Macaron Part Ii : The Recipe 30 May 10:16
- olivia g. published her project Macaron Part Ii : The Recipe 30 May 09:41
Separate the egg whites into each of the mixing bowl
Check if your almond meal is fine enough, if not, blitz it in the food processor together with the powdered sugar. Sift the mixture on to the bowl with one egg white. Mix the egg white and the almond meal and powdered sugar until it forms a paste.
Put water, caster sugar and the food coloring in the saucepan. Over medium low heat, let the sugar melt. When the sugar is dissolved,
increase the heat to boil the mixture until it thickens in to a syrup. If you use a thermometer, it should read 115C.
While you're waiting for your syrup to thicken, using a hand mixer, whisk the other egg white until it forms stiff peak.
When the syrup is ready, slowly pour in to the egg white, keep whisking for about 5 minutes until the mixture is stiff and shiny.
In thirds, combine the meringue mixture into the almond paste, be careful not to overmix.
Pipe the mixture onto your baking paper/silicon mat. When you finish piping all the mixture, rap the baking sheet on to your counter to remove the air pockets and to flatten the macaron.
Let stand on the counter for about 1 hr (depending on the humidity) so that the macaron can form a skin and then bake in the oven, 175C (convection oven) for about 15 - 18 minutes
Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking paper/mat
When it is cooled, sandwich the macarons with your desired filling!