Victoria The Essential Tea Companion
This tea is a personal blend to make and store in a tin. Bring it out when the occasion merits something special. For a charming presentation, serve in dainty teacups and decorate with floating rose petals. The rose petals may be from the dozen long-stems delivered that afternoon, or perhaps they were recently cut from rose bushes in the garden. (Just be sure they are pesticide free.)
Makes 16 to 20 servings
© 2020 Kim Waller / GMC Publications · Reproduced with permission. · Victoria: The Essential Tea Companion, published by Hearst (£17.99, available from www.amazon.co.uk)
- Cheryl added Lovers’ Tea to Alice In Wonderland Tea Party 22 Oct 18:53
- Birdie R. favorited Lovers’ Tea 28 Apr 02:44
- Emma H. added Lovers’ Tea to Steampunk Tea Party 17 Jul 15:28
- Meta H. added Lovers’ Tea to cooking 28 Dec 18:48
- Phoenix M. favorited Lovers’ Tea 31 Aug 23:38
- Emma H. favorited Lovers’ Tea 26 Aug 15:46
- Peggals <3 favorited Lovers’ Tea 14 Aug 00:11
- Alissa B. favorited Lovers’ Tea 12 Aug 22:38
- GMC Group published her project Lovers’ Tea 16 Jul 22:14
To make the dried tea mixture
In a medium bowl, combine the tea leaves, lavender flowers, marjoram, and rose petals.
For each cup of tea, put 1 tablespoon of the tea mixture and 3⁄4 cup boiling water into the teapot. Cover with a tea towel or tea cozy and steep for 5 minutes.
Stir the tea and strain it into the cups.
Remove the bitter white heel from each rose petal. Crush the petals slightly to release their flavor and then gently float 2 petals on the surface of each cup of tea. Serve right away.