Big and beautiful! :)
I will never make shawls in any other shape than this! At least I will try. ;) This forward-swept batwing shape makes the shawl drape _perfectly_ around the neckline and shoulders. Love it! It also falls very nicely in the front and stays in place without any problems. I've alredy started another one in different yarns I'll wear in my brother's wedding... :)
The pictures show the unblocked shawl. It will probably stay unblocked I think.
I made this with one strand of brown mohair and one strand thin gold thread togehter. Have lost the pattern source unfortunately, but no matter - it had mistakes and wasn't written very well. It took me the first whole evening to figure out a logical system to it, but now it is a breeze to make.
ETA (02.03.10): I've found the recipe on Ravelry - and the best thing, there's also a page there with corrections to the pattern! :) I sure wish I had that link when I made this shawl... (Ravelry account needed, but that's free)
- Helen W. favorited Lovely Batwing Shaped Shawl 08 Jun 19:02
- Carol B. favorited Lovely Batwing Shaped Shawl 09 Feb 11:33
- wendy c. favorited Lovely Batwing Shaped Shawl 18 Oct 10:48
- jayme.witcher added Lovely Batwing Shaped Shawl to to do 05 Jul 09:14
- gypsy.soul68 favorited Lovely Batwing Shaped Shawl 01 Jan 15:08
- Zombie Babe added Lovely Batwing Shaped Shawl to new wardrobe 03 Oct 10:29
- Saspie Doo favorited Lovely Batwing Shaped Shawl 25 Oct 23:15
Made By Eva posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!