Make this pretty cuff of loom-woven beads in colours to match a favourite outfit. The cuff closes with a pair of toggle and loop fastenings. The cuff measures 18cm (7in) in length. To lengthen or shorten it, add or decrease rows of beads at each end of the chart.
- Ann P. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 11 Sep 05:09
- robyn c. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 22 Aug 03:57
- Erica T. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 27 Apr 01:46
- Katie M. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 13 Mar 21:36
- Rebecca M. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 28 Jul 00:56
- Elizabeth B. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 17 Nov 01:11
- Aurora favorited Loom Woven Cuff 02 Oct 22:45
- Laura H. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 15 Sep 10:15
- Danielle C. favorited Loom Woven Cuff 24 Aug 14:02
- Zahiara favorited Loom Woven Cuff 14 Aug 22:12
Follow preparing the loom (http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/loom-weaving), using 17 x 45cm (18in) lengths of warp threads. Use a 1m (40in) length of weft
thread to start weaving the design, following loom weaving, adding a new weft thread, and reaching the first roller on pp.170–71. Follow finishing the ends, leaving the third, fourth, thirteenth, and fourteenth warp threads free at each end of the weaving.
For the toggle, thread the third and fourth warp threads onto a short beading needle. Thread on two lilac seed
beads, one 8mm (5⁄16in) bead, and one lilac seed bead. Take the needle back through the 8mm (5⁄16in) bead and the two seed beads. Adjust the toggle to sit against the end of the weaving.
Take the threaded needle back into the last row of beads in the cuff, weaving it over and under the weft threads. Trim away the excess. Thread the other thread on the needle and insert it through the same bead as in Step 3, but starting from the opposite direction. Weave the thread as before and trim the excess.
Adjust the loop to sit against the end of the weaving. Check to see that the loop will slip snugly over the toggle and adjust if needed. Separate the two threads and thread one on a short beading needle.
Insert the needle through the fourth bead in the last row of the weaving, then sew through the loop again to secure. Follow Step 4 to secure the threads. Repeat to make a second loop with the thirteenth and fourteenth warp threads.