Leather and feather necklace
I've wanted to make something like this (identical metal and non-metal things) for a while, and now I had both a feather charm and left-over feathers lying around. I really liked the result.
This necklace ended up being a birthday gift for a friend :)
- Sunny entered her project Long Feather Necklace to Ginger Pickle 23 Sep 16:55
- Pramodini Arela added Long Feather Necklace to Celebrity Style 20 Jun 20:29
- Phoenix M. favorited Long Feather Necklace 25 Apr 00:33
- D. Samone favorited Long Feather Necklace 30 Jan 12:32
- Katie H. favorited Long Feather Necklace 09 Jan 14:11
Cut out a teardrop shaped base of your plastic. Make sure it's slightly larger than your metal feather charm.
Glue on faux leather on both sides of the base, covering all of it.
Then glue on layers of feathers, starting at the bottom and building your way up.
Make a hole at the top of your now leather-and-feather-covered base. I used a nail and hammer.
Insert a jumpring in the hole, and attach the feather charm. Close the jump ring.
Cut your desired length of leather cord. (I used a double cord). Now attach your feathery charm to the leather cord(s).