Lock and key charm silver chain necklace DIY
*Bits and pieces of random charms, beads or old bits of jewellery. If you want yours to look like mine you need a lock charm and some sort of small key (mine is from an old diary)
* A few eyepins
* A coloured ribbon of your choice
* A needle and thread
* An old necklace or chain that you can attach your charms on
- Key West Witch added Lock & Key Necklace to Jewelry 30 Jun 04:06
- jen s. favorited Lock & Key Necklace 06 Oct 11:37
- Rachel B. favorited Lock & Key Necklace 30 Dec 05:54
- angellynx favorited Lock & Key Necklace 03 Oct 18:39
- comradebunny favorited Lock & Key Necklace 17 Sep 01:20
- orenintre favorited Lock & Key Necklace 20 Aug 12:25
I started off with an old silver chain. I then took a silver eye pin and threaded a small pearl onto it, before using craft tweezers (you can use pliers if you prefer) to fold over the straight edge of the pin around one of the links on the necklace. Make sure its secure otherwise your bead might come off.
If your using a key, try to find one with a hole through the top of it, that way you can tie your ribbon through and make a bow, as this is how I did this. If you have a key without a hole don't worry, you can buy ready made bows from any craft shop or, alternatively make the bow yourself from a piece of ribbon before glueing it on.
Once you have created your bow, get your needle and thread and sew a small fabric rose in the middle. You can buy these from any craft shop or Hobbycraft. If you don't want to use a rose feel free to use something else as a substitute like a bead or a button.