Sew Little Red Riding Hood
It’s all about the fairy tales this week. Today I made a simple Little Red Riding Hood stuffed doll. Just a few pattern pieces cut from scraps plus a little embroidery and you’re set. I used red flannel for the cape, wool felt for the face and some vintage fabric for the dress. Here are the instructions:
- red-riding-hood-template-page-1.pdf 259 KB [ Download ]
- red-riding-hood-template-page-2.pdf 218 KB [ Download ]
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Little Red Riding Hood 22 Jul 03:30
- Neko-San K. favorited Little Red Riding Hood 31 May 21:35
- Emma H. favorited Little Red Riding Hood 26 Jan 01:54
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Little Red Riding Hood 03 Jun 19:30
- Almendra Zoe favorited Little Red Riding Hood 19 May 20:54
- floo_network favorited Little Red Riding Hood 08 Apr 17:19
- fionnadh l. favorited Little Red Riding Hood 16 Mar 05:37
- Shelby S. favorited Little Red Riding Hood 15 Mar 06:13
- grace.brennan.391 added Little Red Riding Hood to Projects to do 03 Feb 22:17
- KAYExalate added Little Red Riding Hood to Stuffies 23 Sep 19:27
Print out templates page 1 and page 2.
Embroider the face onto uncut felt or fabric of your choice according to size of the face on the template. Then cut the face piece to the size of the outside template circle (or a little larger to give some extra sewing space).
Cut out the rest of your fabric according to the templates.
Fold the hood piece in half lengthwise and cut a half-circle at least 1/4? smaller than your face piece. Pin the face to the underside and topstitch around several times.
Sew the front pieces together: place the cape pieces aligned with the top of the dress front, then place the hood piece right sides together with hood pointed down and sew along the top, using a 1/4? seam allowance followed by an overcasting stitch. (If you are using the crochet trim, you’ll want to insert it in this step.)
Beginning at the bottom, sew front piece to back, right sides together. Be sure to leave a 1?-2? opening at the bottom for stuffing.
Stuff and hand sew bottom closed.