Fun & unusual miniture oil lamp
Inspired by the two different versions of the How To from both Light Bulb Vases by Marie-Christin E. and Erika A., I decided to make a Techno light bulb oil lamp. It almost turned out Steam Punk but I didn't have much for gears or any clock parts...lol
Check out the how to's and my advice, MAKE SURE TO USE A SOCK! I doubled my sock and slipped the light bulb in to protect my hand from getting cut if the bulb broke (I broke 2 out of my 3 pack...) and definitely do it somewhere safe like your kitchen sink, make sure to point it downwards to keep flying glass from escaping onto your counter or floor.
I acquired some goodies from my sons room he brought home from tech class and then tip toed into my boyfriends "forbidden room" to swipe a bunch more goodies so I ended up with gold metal parts, springs, screws, auto light bulbs and just a lot of interesting stuff.
I had to tip the bulb and CAREFULLY slide the goodies in. If you need to adjust anything then use a long skewer to gently move things around. I also accidentally glued the bulb not only to the big metal ring but to my boyfriends little wooden cutting board by accident but luckily it came out looking pretty cool! HA!
TIP: If you take your needle nose pliers and gently insert them (in the closed position) you can turn them back and forth and make the hole in the top bigger.
I would also recommend gluing the bulb to the ring of your choice so it stays upright and sturdy at all times.
- Key West Witch added Light Bulb Oil Lamp to Crafts General 21 Mar 00:15
- april.gray.391 favorited Light Bulb Oil Lamp 19 Nov 18:01
- Ada B. added Light Bulb Oil Lamp to Home Decor 14 Apr 12:02
- tlmchaney favorited Light Bulb Oil Lamp 04 Jan 17:54
- Lorraine E. added Light Bulb Oil Lamp to One day 23 Dec 21:56
- Apples favorited Light Bulb Oil Lamp 14 Aug 04:55
- Len favorited Light Bulb Oil Lamp 20 Jul 09:05
- Isabela P. favorited Light Bulb Oil Lamp 29 Jun 00:14
- Renn W. favorited Light Bulb Oil Lamp 28 Jun 16:26
Nattie Gurl posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!