Lend out your books in style ...
A few months ago, Little Yellow Couch hosted a twist on the typical book club, which we called a "Vintage Librarian Social. As giveaways for our guests, we thought it would be fun to put together library kits for everyone. They included the old-fashioned library due date cards we all remember from before Kindles existed.
We then made envelopes to hold the due date cards using paper provided for us by Smock. We particularly like Smock's line for this project because most of their stock is made with printing on both sides, two different designs that coordinate beautifully, and you'll want paper that's double sided for this project.
The idea is to paste these onto the inside of your book covers and actually keep a record of who is borrowing the book. Not to be uptight about due dates, but to have a record of friends who've read the book and hopefully left some thoughts written on the card. It's a nice way to remember the effects the book has had throughout it's lifespan. Finally, we had to also include a date stamp and ink pad. I mean, who doesn't want the satisfaction of checking out a book with an actual "kachunk" of the librarians' most official desk accessory?
Below is a template of the due-date envelopes we've made using Smock paper. We hope you get a kick out of this quick project! We're certainly having fun with it!
- 105702_2F2014-11-19-183546-LibraryCardPocketPrintable.pdf 63.7 KB [ Download ]
- Ashley B. favorited Library Card Pockets 06 Jan 18:57
- Jovita C. favorited Library Card Pockets 01 Jan 02:21
- Dana Y. favorited Library Card Pockets 13 Mar 02:56
- Ec T. favorited Library Card Pockets 25 Jan 05:45
- Mia added Library Card Pockets to Room Decor 18 Jan 08:19
- Asherah Arts (formerly Lee Rose) added Library Card Pockets to suess 22 Sep 00:12
- Nicole B. favorited Library Card Pockets 15 May 05:16
- Chachee.rayna added Library Card Pockets to Paper 11 May 19:47
- Pan F. added Library Card Pockets to DIY Jewelry 11 May 03:07
- Gay F. favorited Library Card Pockets 28 Mar 23:23
Print out our template on a piece of card stock and cut out.
Select a variety of double sided scrapbooking or decorative wrapping papers. Trace around your template and cut out.
Fold in the two flaps and use your glue stick to tack in place.
Pop in a vintage or modern printed library card and start lending out your library!