Sweet by Levi Roots
This is a delicious and fun pie to try,
especially with these spices to give it a
© 2023 Levi Roots / Mitchell Beazley · Reproduced with permission.
- Emma H. favorited Levi’s Pecan Pie 27 May 11:50
- Rachael H. added Levi’s Pecan Pie to Food 17 Dec 04:06
- Shantelle t. added Levi’s Pecan Pie to food!! 08 Dec 14:08
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Levi’s Pecan Pie 08 Nov 08:05
- KelliDroze added Levi’s Pecan Pie to Seasonal 27 Oct 23:40
- Kaiulani W. favorited Levi’s Pecan Pie 10 Jul 01:11
- jade.owen.338 added Levi’s Pecan Pie to Cakes 07 May 16:53
- KelliDroze added Levi’s Pecan Pie to Sweet 06 May 22:18
- Suzi T. favorited Levi’s Pecan Pie 06 May 12:52
- ale_corason favorited Levi’s Pecan Pie 06 May 00:33
You Will Need
To make the pastry, cream the butter and icing sugar together until smooth. Add the egg and flour and mix to combine. Bring the pastry together in a ball with your hands. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator for
30–60 minutes. Roll out the dough and use it to line a 30cm (12in) diameter loose-bottomed flan tin. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas mark 6. Line the pastry case with nonstick baking paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
Remove the pastry case and reduce the heat to 150°C/300ºF/gas mark 2.
Meanwhile, make the filling. Whisk the eggs in a bowl then whisk in the sugar, golden syrup, salt, melted butter, cloves, nutmeg, vanilla extract and flour. Stir in the chopped pecans. Pour into the pastry case and arrange the whole pecans on top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until just set. Serve with crème fraîche sprinkled with a little