Creamy lemon butter or lemon curd
Lemon curd, or lemon butter, is a sweet but tart lemon spread - perfect for on toast or pancakes, or for on top of desserts. Making your own lemon curd is much cheaper than buying it from the grocery store. Homemade Lemon Curd can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks or frozen for 2 months.
- Melissa Beth added Lemon Curd to Foodening 14 Nov 10:37
- Melissa Beth favorited Lemon Curd 07 Nov 03:56
- su l. favorited Lemon Curd 05 Mar 12:37
- Sunnie favorited Lemon Curd 17 Feb 19:06
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) favorited Lemon Curd 06 Nov 04:41
- Kitsuné favorited Lemon Curd 30 Sep 10:37
- Krystal C. favorited Lemon Curd 25 Jul 00:16
- HylianWriter534 favorited Lemon Curd 07 Jul 05:01
- heather r. added Lemon Curd to Food Items to make 24 Jun 23:35
- SirenSays6 added Lemon Curd to Food 20 Jun 05:35
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar by mixing at a medium speed for about 2-3 minutes.
Add the eggs, one at a time, until they are well blended. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, until they are well blended.
Mix in the lemon juice, at a low speed.
Increase the heat to medium, and stir continuously with a wooded spoon until the mixture has thickened enough to stick to the back of the spoon. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
Remove the lemon curd from the heat, and add the lemon zest. Stir quickly, then pour the lemon curd into small jars. Cover the curd with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap touches the curd to prevent a skin forming on the top of the curd.
Refrigerate the curd until it has set, about 3-4 hours.