Tastes just like a lemon bar in a more bread-y, less messy form.
- Leigh C. favorited Lemon Crinkle Cookies 18 May 23:12
- Sunnie favorited Lemon Crinkle Cookies 25 Feb 04:12
- Rachael H. added Lemon Crinkle Cookies to Food 10 Jan 02:01
- PixieFey added Lemon Crinkle Cookies to Recipes To Try 30 Sep 14:49
- Ana favorited Lemon Crinkle Cookies 26 Sep 16:34
- Kelsey G. published her project Lemon Crinkle Cookies 22 Sep 20:01
You Will Need
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter, sugar, and lemon zest until pale and fluffy (occasionally scrape down bowl throughout entire mixing process if not using paddle attachment). Mix in egg then blend in egg yolk. Add lemon juice, lemon extract, vanilla extract, and optional yellow food coloring and mix until just combined. With the mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl. Scoop dough out about 1 1/2 Tbsp at a time and shape into a ball, then drop in powdered sugar and roll evenly to coat. Transfer to a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and space cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven 10 - 13 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in airtight container.