Lemon, Coconut, and Butter makes for these awesom dessert bars!
These bars are rich and butter with the awesome flavor pairing of lemon and coconut.
- Kimya J. favorited Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Bars 03 Feb 02:55
- Kay Bay favorited Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Bars 01 Apr 16:49
- WerewolfCas favorited Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Bars 29 Mar 08:20
- Strawberry Puppy commented on Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Bars 28 Mar 15:28
- Kelsey G. favorited Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Bars 27 Mar 13:27
- Taylor B. commented on Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Bars 27 Mar 06:47
- bsugarmama published her project Lemon Coconut Ooey Gooey Bars 27 Mar 06:00
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees and spray a 9X13 rectangular pan with baking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, pour in the cake mix, add the egg, and the melted butter and stir together with a wooden spoon. Once well mixed, pat into the bottom of the 9X13 rectangular pan. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese until smooth and add in the eggs one at a time creaming into the cream cheese after adding into the bowl. Add the vanilla and coconut extract, lemon juice, powdered sugar, and melted butter. Pour the filling on top of the cake mix.
For the topping: Mix in the brown and white sugar, sweetened coconut, and stir in the butter. Add the flour to the mix and stir. The topping will become very crumbly. Turn to wax or parchment paper and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes so the crumbs can dry out a bit. Sprinkle the crumbs on top of the filling ( I didn't use all the crumbs for my personal taste). Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Make sure not to over bake as the center won't be as gooey. Allow to cool and cut into squares.