No Bake Lemon Coconut Bars (vegan, gluten-free)
It is not very often that I get this excited about one of my recipes! During hot summer months, the last thing I want to do is bake in a hot kitchen. As we currently have a heat wave, I developed a gluten-free dessert recipe that will keep you cool and can be whipped up in minutes. This gluten-free lemon coconut bar is delightfully zesty, refreshingly cold and tastes almost like coconut ice cream. A must try dessert for this summer!
Note: you can substitute certified GF oat flour for rolled oats
- CraftyCat added Lemon Coconut Bars to Cooking 20 Nov 02:29
- CraftyCat favorited Lemon Coconut Bars 20 Nov 02:29
- Kimya J. favorited Lemon Coconut Bars 23 Oct 14:48
- Crafterella featured Lemon Coconut Bars 15 Oct 23:00
- RareJewel favorited Lemon Coconut Bars 14 Oct 08:11
- Kristina S. published his project Lemon Coconut Bars 06 Oct 09:00
You Will Need
Place rolled oats into a food processor and process until a flour texture forms, or use oat flour
Add almond flour, cashew/almond butter, condensed milk and vanilla. Blend until everything comes together, scraping sides as needed
Press dough evenly onto the bottom of an 8x8-inch pan lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer while you prepare the cream layer
In a medium bowl mix everything together until blended. Pour over the base and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Freeze for a minimum of 3 hours
Cut into 12 bars and serve frozen, enjoy!