Bake lemon bars with Well-Bred Bakery and Cafe in Weaverville, North Carolina
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Lemon Bars 03 Mar 17:24
- Kimya J. favorited Lemon Bars 03 Feb 02:47
- Alissa B. favorited Lemon Bars 23 Jul 19:21
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Lemon Bars 18 Jul 00:50
- Crafterella featured Lemon Bars 08 Jul 23:00
- Emma H. favorited Lemon Bars 05 Jul 20:49
- A Bite To Eat published her project Lemon Bars 04 Jul 09:00
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the shortbread crust: In a small mixer beat butter and sugar until well incorporated. Add in flour, salt, and vanilla. Mix well. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 X 13 baking pan using your extra tablespoon of butter. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan until it is an even layer.
Bake shortbread crust at 350 degrees for 25 minutes until golden brown, rotating half way through to ensure even baking. Put aside to cool while you are preparing the lemon custard.
Prepare the lemon custard: In a heavy bottom saucepan whisk together all of your ingredients minus the heavy cream. Cook on low heat over the stove, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and reaches 170 degrees. Remove from heat, strain, and stir in heavy cream. Pour into the shortbread bottomed pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, rotating half way through for even baking. (Bars should look set but still shiny and jiggly; no browning) Cool at room temperature for an hour or so and then refrigerate for at least a couple of hours or overnight. Cut, serve, and enjoy! This recipe is great with fresh whipped cream and fruit.