Artisan Pizza to Make Perfectly at Home
Leeks go very well with potatoes and Cheddar cheese works well with both. This pizza is designed to have an authentic British character, taking advantage as it does of ingredients that are popular and available in the UK.
- Andrea K. added Leek, Potato & Cheddar Pizza to Yummy 16 Jan 22:15
- judithchen added Leek, Potato & Cheddar Pizza to recipes 28 Dec 09:07
- Suzi T. favorited Leek, Potato & Cheddar Pizza 24 Dec 18:01
- KelliDroze added Leek, Potato & Cheddar Pizza to Food 20 Dec 07:44
- Lotusburger favorited Leek, Potato & Cheddar Pizza 20 Dec 07:19
- heather r. added Leek, Potato & Cheddar Pizza to Food Items to make 18 Dec 00:56
- Kyle Books published his project Leek, Potato & Cheddar Pizza 28 Nov 15:45
You Will Need
Stretch the dough towards the edges of a 23.5 x 30cm oiled baking tray in 2 stages, resting for 10 minutes between each stretch. Make the vegetable topping: Melt the butter in a wide-bottomed pan over a very low heat and sweat the spring onion and leek until tender – avoid browning. Add the potatoes and 110ml water, then cover and cook for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, either remove the lid or continue to cook covered, depending on how fast the water is evaporating. Your aim is to cook off all the water.
Pour a little olive oil into the palm of your hand and pat it lightly over the top of the dough, making sure it touches the edges. Add the sliced mozzarella, the onion and potato mixture and grate the Cheddar on top.
Bake on the middle rack of your pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes. If you have created a very thin pizza base, check for doneness after 10 minutes.
Once ready, decorate with a little chopped parsley and serve in 4 slices.