Inspired by the bracelets worn by Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean".
A simple unisex bracelet made up of pieces of scrap leather, bead strands, chain, and cording, that wraps around the wrist numerous times to create a thick, wrapped bracelet.
- Ellis Pritchard favorited Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet 22 Jun 07:37
- Oliver Daniels favorited Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet 17 Oct 07:49
- Julie Phillips favorited Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet 17 Oct 06:16
- nora c. added Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet to Amy Lee of Evanescence 06 Jul 22:51
- nora c. favorited Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet 06 Jul 18:59
- Sissi favorited Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet 05 Jun 16:45
- Ievars favorited Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet 04 May 07:10
- Alex Poser added Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet to Accessories 11 Jan 01:52
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet 01 Jan 01:09
- Melissa N. added Leather Scrap Wrap Bracelet to leather 23 Sep 22:31
Now it's time to prepare the other sections of the bracelet.
Place a crimp bead at the end of your beading wire and crimp in place, again leaving a loop with enough room for your jump ring to fit through the end. Add your choice of beads; I like wood, stone, or bone for more masculine bracelets and pearls or crystal for more feminine ones. The section of beads should only be about 2" - 3" long. Crimp a crimp bead at the other end of the wire to create a connection for your jump ring and to secure the beads in place. See image.
Use the craft wire and fabric glue to create a loop at the end of your leather cord and repeat on the other end. See image. This strip should be approximately 5" - 6" in length.
Select a chain that goes with the desired look of the bracelet and cut a piece of chain about 5" long.
The bracelet will tie together using two pieces of cotton cording. Cut 2 strips of cord about 5" long. Fold the end over and use the craft wire and fabric glue to create a loop at the only one end of each piece. As always, make sure the loop is big enough for your jump rings to fit through. See image.
Here's how to wrap the bracelet comfortably around your wrist.
- Hold the cotton cord end of the thicker side of the bracelet with the thumb of the hand that will be wearing the bracelet (usually the right).
- Place a marker or thick pen against your wrist - this sounds weird, but it will keep you from wrapping the bracelet too tightly around your wrist.
- Now begin to tightly wrap the bracelet around your wrist, again starting with the thicker end of the bracelet.
- Tie the bracelet in place, tuck ends under bracelet, and remove the marker/pen.
This will most likely take a couple tries to get just right, but when you do, you're going to love it!