Don't waste an old belt-- reuse it!
My little sister got this cute little bow belt for Christmas that I thought was so cute so I decided to make my own. I am really pleased with this project-- it is one of my favorite things I've made!
I used leather from a skirt that I got at Goodwill and shortened. It was the perfect length actually. I hope my directions are clear so that you can make your own!
- Rachel B. favorited Leather Bow Belt 29 Nov 07:28
- Lynn L. favorited Leather Bow Belt 03 Sep 03:37
- jane d. favorited Leather Bow Belt 31 Aug 00:04
- HerNameIsAlixx added Leather Bow Belt to DIY The Look - Imelda May 18 Aug 11:07
- PixieFey added Leather Bow Belt to Penelope Garcia 13 May 13:29
- Emma H. favorited Leather Bow Belt 29 Mar 12:33
- Crafterella added Leather Bow Belt to Tarina Tarantino 09 Jun 16:23
- x_niccadee added Leather Bow Belt to make this 16 Apr 16:40
- Constance H. favorited Leather Bow Belt 12 Feb 13:10
- Dona Monstra favorited Leather Bow Belt 15 Dec 22:41
The first thing I did was cover the skinny belt in the leather strip. I cut the long strip of leather long enough so that it can cover the belt and then I stitched the sides together so that they are tight.
It is a little tricky around the clasp of the belt, but I just cut little notches and sewed them together. It felt a little bit like wrapping a gift, you just have to fold down the sides of the leather around the belt so that it doesn't look bunched up or bulky.
This is just demonstrating how the thread is wrapped around.