just for something different
- Barjaa B. added Layered Criss Cross Dress to DIYS 28 Jun 18:24
- artpanda18 favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 14 Mar 00:56
- Marci F. favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 02 Mar 14:59
- Sasha A. favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 01 Feb 01:25
- Barjaa B. favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 27 Oct 22:32
- Shantelle t. added Layered Criss Cross Dress to how to clothing 23 Oct 17:47
- crystal m. favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 23 Sep 19:04
- Sarah C. favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 22 Jul 18:30
- Denise B. favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 05 Jul 18:30
- D@k$hit@ favorited Layered Criss Cross Dress 04 Jul 14:24
I made the bodice for this dress using parts of simplicity pattern 7057, but and pattern with a fitted bodice will work, unless of course you’re a genius and don’t need a pattern .
Cut out the bodice pieces.
Pin them together and sew. You may need to take this in later (I did) to make it fit the way you want it.
Measure and cut the waistband, under skirt and layers.
Gather the layers
Pin the first layer to the waistband and sew. Now pin the under skirt to the waistband and sew.
Pin the rest of the layers onto the underskirt where you’d like them to sit. Now sew them on.
Trim the sleeves off the bodice (only if you don’t want them) and hem them the top. The top of the bodice may not sit close to your bust. Pin it in how you want it and sew. Depending on how thick this part is you may want to hand sew it, as I broke my last sewing machine needle on that part.
Cut out the fabric for the straps and bow. Fold the straps in on themselves (so they don’t fray) and sew. Make the bow
sew the straps to where you want them to sit on the front of the dress and criss cross them over and sew them at the back.
sew the bow to where you'd like it to sit on the waistband
Sew the zipper in. I had a bit of trouble doing this. Viola!! you're done :D