Lasagna in a Soup Version - Just as Delicious but so much Easier!
- Marni C. added Lasagna Soup to Food 15 Nov 21:26
- JJ W. favorited Lasagna Soup 10 Aug 14:23
- Summer O. favorited Lasagna Soup 15 Jul 02:28
- Lee Rose added Lasagna Soup to recipes 07 Jul 11:16
- LUPE68 favorited Lasagna Soup 02 Jul 01:19
- Diane H. favorited Lasagna Soup 14 Jun 18:43
- Erin L. published her project Lasagna Soup 11 Jun 06:00
You Will Need
Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Once hot, crumble beef into pot, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Drain majority of fat from beef and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in pot, add chopped yellow onion and saute until it begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 30 seconds longer. Add in broth, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano, rosemary, fennel seeds, thyme, sugar, parsley, the cooked ground beef and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring just to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer at least 20 minutes.
Add cooked pasta to soup along with ½ cup - 1 cup pasta water as desired.
In a mixing bowl, using a fork, stir together mozzarella, parmesan and ricotta.
Ladle soup into bowls, dollop with a large scoop of the cheese mixture and sprinkle with chopped parsley.