Handknit Your Home
A wonderfully textured floor pillow, which has been felted for a hardwearing finish. This is a very simple stitch pattern to work and the chunky yarn and big needles mean that the knitting will “grow” quickly.
25½ x 25½in (65 x 65cm)
8 sts and 10 rows to 4in (10cm)
over patt using US 19 (15mm) needles
- Lisa S. added Large Floor Pillow to Dream Room 16 Oct 00:22
- Meredith A. added Large Floor Pillow to Miss Piggy's Bedroom 15 Sep 00:42
- Chachee.rayna added Large Floor Pillow to Yarns 11 May 20:17
- Bigger Than The Three Of Us added Large Floor Pillow to Blake Lively 01 Apr 12:17
- Alecia B. favorited Large Floor Pillow 23 Aug 06:20
- Ella Light added Large Floor Pillow to Knitting 10 Aug 22:59
- 02jhseaby added Large Floor Pillow to Try 07 Jun 22:22
- 02jhseaby favorited Large Floor Pillow 07 Jun 22:22
- Dorothy M. added Large Floor Pillow to knitting 09 Dec 19:40
- Tiffany M. favorited Large Floor Pillow 02 Nov 19:18
You Will Need
Cast on 64 sts.
Row 1: [Yo, k2, pass yo over the k2]
Row 2: Purl.
Row 3: K1, [yo, k2, pass yo over the k2] to last st, k1.
Row 4: Purl.
Rep rows 1–4 until knitting measures 27½in (70cm).
Bind (cast) off.
To make up
• Weave in all loose ends. Wash
the knit gently by hand until it is
felted to the desired degree (see
page 121). Leave to dry.
• As the pillow is intended to sit on the floor, I chose a hardwearing canvas fabric for the back. Cut the fabric 3⁄8in (1cm) larger than the knitted panel to allow for fraying.
• Right sides together, pin the fabric to the knitted panel. Taking a 5⁄8in (1.5cm) seam allowance on the knitted panel, sew around three sides using a sewing machine, or by hand using backstitch.
• Turn cover right side out and insert pillow pad. Hand-sew final side closed with slipstitch.