Make a large dragon egg using an empty plastic 2 liter bottle, spray paint and a hot glue gun
I used this to hold a small present for my son for Easter - it does make a unique package! He uses it to hold miscellaneous items.
- Beth E. favorited Large Dragon Egg 02 Jan 07:21
- isobel.l favorited Large Dragon Egg 13 Feb 18:06
- Kendell V. favorited Large Dragon Egg 26 Nov 03:45
- Samantha T. favorited Large Dragon Egg 03 Apr 03:38
- angeleyes d. favorited Large Dragon Egg 18 Oct 05:25
- grace.bryant.92 favorited Large Dragon Egg 17 Sep 21:59
The first step in making it is to measure up 4 inches from the bottom of the bottle and mark using a Sharpie. Cut the top off the top of the bottle (I used a hot knife) then measure 3 1/2 inches down and mark with a Sharpie. Cut along the lines (I used a pair of scissors as it allows better control). It will look like the pieces below when you are done.
Put the top inside the bottle and an angle and wiggling it until it fits snuggly, the use the hot glue gun to give it texture.
On the very top I put swirls on the tap and down about and inch then made oval shapes all the way around and added other squiggles in the middle, but don't cross over to the bottom of the bottle. On the bottom I mostly did different squiggles; on this too, don't cross over to the top of the bottle.