Delicate Fancy Lace Shorts!
I spent all morning working on this tutorial, and I LOVE the results!
These shorts are just a tiny bit hard to make, so pay attention dear crafty sisters. You start out with some pre-made shorts (or cutoff pants), and that means you have to maneuver around the pockets (I sewed mine shut a few times) and, of course, the front and back panels. Keep that in mind while sewing! I ended up just hand-basting the lace over the pockets, because my sewing machine does not bend. (you'll see what I mean if you keep reading)
- Sarah W. favorited Lace Shorts! 21 Apr 12:37
- emily l. favorited Lace Shorts! 21 Jun 02:47
- chelsie.kuskie added Lace Shorts! to Pant to Shorts 19 May 22:00
- Hikikomori H. favorited Lace Shorts! 25 Jan 05:20
- Peggals <3 favorited Lace Shorts! 14 Dec 10:03
- comradebunny favorited Lace Shorts! 17 Sep 00:15
- Diamond Sight Creations added Lace Shorts! to Make List 15 Sep 11:55
- Deanna G. added Lace Shorts! to Projects to do 13 Sep 11:38
- saymynameangelapayne favorited Lace Shorts! 07 Aug 01:46
- Franchesca Angelou d. favorited Lace Shorts! 29 Jul 17:48
Begin sewing at the top. I used a straight stitch for these shorts. If your sewing machine is anything like mine, you will have trouble getting the thick part of the pants under the needle. Just keep working with it! WARNING: DON'T SEW OVER THE POCKET! YOU WILL SEW THE POCKET CLOSED (haha, I did that...<_<) I hand-sewed the tiny bit of lace over the pocket at the end.