Cooking with a karahi, or Indian wok, is a special cooking method that originated hundreds of years ago in North-West India. The coarsely crushed spices, the intensity of heat and the superspeedy cooking that are a feature of this style of cuisine give karahi cooking its distinctive flavour. Karahi chicken is the original karahi recipe. Constant stirring is the key to success. Serve it with Naan, Parathas or Chapattis.
- Lotusburger favorited Kuarahi Chicken 11 Jan 14:05
- Emo Chick favorited Kuarahi Chicken 11 Mar 20:57
- Ella Light added Kuarahi Chicken to Meals 13 Dec 21:00
- Shantelle t. added Kuarahi Chicken to food!! 08 Dec 06:31
- anita.n.g added Kuarahi Chicken to To do... 02 Dec 21:25
- PsychoticWeirdo favorited Kuarahi Chicken 26 Nov 03:47
- greenstyle added Kuarahi Chicken to Noms 17 Nov 21:41
You Will Need
Heat the oil in a wok, karahi or large frying pan over a high heat.
Stir-fry the onion for about 2 minutes, or until translucent.
Add the ginger and garlic pastes and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the chilli, balti masala and turmeric and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
Add the chicken and stir-fry to coat with the spice mixture, then stir in the green and red capsicum and cook for 10 seconds.
Add the tomato, chopped coriander and salt and continue
to cook over a high heat, stirring continuously, for about
20–25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked. (You will need to keep stirring constantly throughout the cooking time.) Serve hot.