Homemade playdough in a rainbow of vibrant colors!
Once you've made this DIY playdough, you'll never go back to the store bought stuff again. It's fun & easy to make, and turns out perfect every time!
- alp.zoey added Kool Aid Play Dough to Crafty/diy 18 Aug 06:58
- Ali L. added Kool Aid Play Dough to Clay Crafts 15 Apr 15:26
- Hayley favorited Kool Aid Play Dough 19 Nov 21:04
- SugarNSpiceLily added Kool Aid Play Dough to kids create 30 Oct 04:00
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Kool Aid Play Dough 30 Oct 03:59
- ale_corason favorited Kool Aid Play Dough 22 Oct 07:28
- Flo Di favorited Kool Aid Play Dough 21 Oct 03:15
- Jordyn N. favorited Kool Aid Play Dough 21 Oct 00:21
- Sweet Little Sparrow published her project Kool Aid Play Dough 19 Jun 16:34
Combine flour, salt, cream of tarter, and Kool-Aid powder in a medium saucepan.
In a separate container, heat water to nearly boiling. Add oil.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ones already in the saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly.
When mixture begins to clump together and form a ball, remove from heat. Continue stirring. When mixture cools enough to handle, remove from pot and knead by hand until smooth.
If a more intense color is desired, additional food coloring can be added at this point. Add a few drops at at time and knead by hand until color is uniform. You can also add extract or essential oil now, if desired.
Store in an airtight container. Ziploc bags work just fine, but small canning jars do the job and look pretty ;) Since it contains no preservatives, this playdough doesn't last forever. It keeps well at room temperature for 2 to 3 months, and lasts even longer if you remember to stick it in the fridge between uses.