DIY Updos, Knots, and Twists
Try something new with this neat Knotted Updo! This hairstyle is done by literally tying knots into the hair. Don’t worry, they are easy to take out and, when tied one right after the next, create an intricate style that looks more complicated than it is. Give it a try and impress all your friends at your next party.
- DAARSHENI favorited Knotted Updo 14 Jul 02:17
- Anita H. added Knotted Updo to Hair 22 Apr 15:09
- Carmen Z. added Knotted Updo to Hair 26 Feb 02:22
- Benjamin L. favorited Knotted Updo 28 Dec 17:27
- Rebeccah D. favorited Knotted Updo 01 Sep 14:19
- Rachel B. added Knotted Updo to Hairstyle Tutorials 08 May 01:41
- Rachel B. favorited Knotted Updo 08 May 01:41
- Kent H. favorited Knotted Updo 04 Aug 07:41
- amandeep k. added Knotted Updo to nail art 22 Jun 05:08
- Rebecca M. favorited Knotted Updo 11 Jun 02:37
Pick up a 1" section of hair on each side of the head, directly below the section from Step 1. Incorporate these sections into the two corresponding sections from the first knot so you still have one section on the right and one section on the left to work with. Create a second knot by crossing the right strand over the left, bring the right strand up and through the gap at the top, then back down again. Carefully pull the two strands in opposite directions to tighten the knot against the head.
Roll the hair under towards the nape of the neck. Pin the hair, securing it underneath, with bobby pins. Set the style by misting it with hairspray.
Comb through the hair and spray with hairspray after tying each knot to keep the style sleek and smooth. To keep the knots from slipping, slide in a bobby pin or two to hold the style in place.